I. Paper should fit the journal topics.
Presence of positive reviews is not the basis for publication.
II. The Editorial Board peer-reviews all the received materials. All reviewers are acknowledged experts on the subject of peer-reviewed material. The final decision is made by the Editorial Board based on independent reviewing.
Reviews are stored at the Editorial Board for 5 years.
Papers that need improvement are sent back to the authors.
Editorial Board sends the authors of rejected papers a notice with the reasons for refusal.
Upon a request, the Editorial Board sends a copy of the review to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Original papers rejected by the Editorial Board are not returned to the authors.
In preparing papers, authors should be guided by the rules listed below:
1. Paper (with UDC index) should be presented on electronic media (CD, e-mail, Web) in Microsoft Word format with the mandatory enclosure of one printed copy on A4 paper. Hard copy should fully comply with the electronic version. Font Times New Roman, size 12 pt., line spacing 1.5, indentation 1.25 cm, justified, all margins of 20 mm. In case of multiple author files, they should be accompanied by a list of all files with their names and contents.
2. Maximum paper volume is 1 printed sheet, including tables and graphics; paper pages should be numbered.
3. Paper is necessarily accompanied by an abstract (no more than 10 lines) and keywords (no more than 5-7) in two languages, Russian and English.
Note. One printed sheet of text is 40,000 characters (including spaces). Printed sheet of graphic materials is 3,000 cm2.
Titles in the paper can be aligned in the middle. Bold or italics are admitted. Quotation marks of the same type to be used in the entire text. Complex formulas or missing in Times font characters should be entered manually. Equation 2.0 is recommended for typing mathematical equations and chemical symbols. Only those formulas that are referenced in the subsequent text should be numbered.
4. Number of tables should not exceed 4. Tables should have a title; no abbreviations in table names (font size 9, single-spaced). Maximum table size should not exceed the journal page, 25x16 cm.
Tables of the same type are drawn up in the same way.
5. Number of figures should not exceed 5 (resolution of 300 dpi; 1-bit, 8-bit for black-and-white line and grayscale images; 24-bit for colour). Dimensions of original figures should not exceed the journal page (25x16 cm). Slides and negatives are not accepted. Each figure is given in a separate file (not embedded in Word!) without compression in the following formats: *.cdr (Corel Draw graphics editor to version 15), Encapsulated Post Script (*.eps), TIFF (*.tif). Diagrams should be drawn in a graphics program, but not in Microsoft Office. Photos should have resolution at least 300 pixels per inch. Size of letters and numbers in figures should be at least 2 mm; thickness of drawing lines is at least 0.2 mm.
Colour graphics should be four-colour printing oriented (C - cyan, M - magenta, Y - Yellow, K - Black) and the whole CMYK-palette should be used during their designing. Use of PANTON type colours is not allowed. In preparing figures in any program, black colour of font and lines should be set as 100% Black.
When using special fonts, the author should pass them in digital form to the Editorial Board simultaneously with all the materials, or convert them on figures in curves.
6. Editorial Board does not accept inserts (large tables and figures).
7. Tables, figures, and captions to them are not wrapped in the text and submitted as separate files; printing is made on separate pages.
8. Figures (schemes) and tables are numbered in the order they are mentioned in the relevant text. Numbers of figures and tables are necessarily penciled on the left margin of the printout once at the place of the first reference. 9. All the captions are collected in a separate text file.
10. References (no more than 10-20 titles) are drawn up in alphabetical order and numbered: first all in Russian and in languages with similar alphabets (Ukrainian, Bulgarian), and then in Roman alphabet. Lists of references to the paper should be submitted in two languages, Russian and Roman alphabet (Latin). Works of domestic authors published in foreign press are placed in the list of foreign works.
Reference in the text is given to the index number in brackets.
List of references should be shaped in accordance with GOST R 7.05-2008 "Bibliographic references". Attention! Reference to a book in Roman alphabet should be accompanied by transliteration and translation (in brackets) of the name.
Names of foreign journals are transliterated. Paper titles are only translated. Reference to an electronic source is shaped as a full-text link with access date in brackets (for example, 28.07.2014).
References to unpublished works (reports, abstracts of theses and so on) are not allowed.
11. Paper should be signed by the author(s) before the list of references.
12. Paper should be supplied with details of all the authors in two languages, Russian and English: name, surname, patronymic in full, academic degree, academic rank, position, affiliation, institution location (postal address), e-mail.
13. Papers by foreign authors are accepted and published in English. Last name, first name, title, abstract, keywords, references should be presented in two languages, English and Russian.
14. Papers are supplied with supporting letter from the institution, review, and examination certificate (for Russian papers) about the possibility of publication in press.
15. When writing articles, authors are asked to use the terms and concepts in meanings recorded in the following publications:
English Explanatory Dictionary of Geological Terms. Translated from English / Ed. N.V. Mezhelovsky. - M.: Geokart, 2002.
Russian Metallogenic Dictionary / Ed. A.I. Krivtsov. - SPb: VSEGEI Press, 2003.
Geological Dictionary. 3rd edition. In three volumes / Ed.-in-Chief O.V. Petrov. - SPb: VSEGEI Press, 2010-2012.
16. Authors (including post-graduate students) are not subject to a charge for publication.
17. Fees are not paid.
Editorial Board address: VSEGEI, 74 Sredny Prospect, 199106, St. Petersburg. Journal "Regional Geology and Metallogeny".
Editorial Board phone: +7 (812) 328-87-85; fax: 328-90-47.
E-mail: TMB@vsegei.ru (Tatiana Barabanova).